Manifest Wellness is a mental health clinic that helps men develop the emotional acumen and mental agility they need to manifest more satisfying and fulfilling lives. The counselling process is focused on improving mental health function through a counsellor matching process, initial goal setting, collaborative treatment, and a focus on progress. This enables guys to develop better careers, be better partners, dads, and friends to themselves.
We are looking to hire forward-thinking Counsellors who can provide effective, best practice treatment for men through our remote platform. Having previous experience in Counselling, you should be comfortable in supporting a wide range of male-specific issues. Additionally, applicants will enjoy working with other Counsellor’s in a treatment team approach including case consultation and supervision sessions.
Our Counsellors will be:
- Focused on client-centred treatment.
- Good listeners and excellent communicators.
- Great team members, providing expertise in clinical consultation.
- Positive and open to doing things in new ways.
- Change facilitators.
- Creative in steering clients to find out more about themselves, develop confidence and have their needs met.
- Committed to record-keeping and professional growth.
You will have a Master’s Degree in Counselling or a related field, and be certified in good standing with the BCACC.
- Provide counselling for adults [18+] with mild to moderate mental health problems.
- Consider a range of appropriate therapeutic options for your client that are ethically sound.
- Organize and manage workflow and caseload.
- Maintain records to a high standard per the organisation’s policies and be willing to provide for audit and evaluation as necessary.
- Work as a team to design, develop and implement information about services available for referrers, service users, and others.
Education / Professional:
- Continue professional development by attending any required training as agreed with your manager.
- Abide by the professional and ethical code of conduct of the BCACC.
- Maintain BCACC registration, insurance, and liability requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of client information.
- Attend any appropriate meetings as required.
- Contribute to the monitoring, planning, and development of services.
- Provide invoicing and hours worked through our HR platform.
- Minimum of 3 years of working with clients experiencing mild to moderate
mental health problems.
- Experience working with a collaborative model of counselling.
- Experience in successfully managing your own caseload.
- Experience with evidence-based therapeutic approaches, including CBT, DBT, ACT, etc.
- Specialisation in addiction treatment, trauma, and couples counselling is considered an asset.
More About Manifest
We’ve developed a framework for counselling that encompasses some of the best practices from life coaching, professional development and psychotherapy. This blended approach is actionable, goal-oriented, practical and accessible to the everyday guy. More specifically, we help to:
- Craft strong, satisfying relationships.
- Transition from problematic relationships.
- Identify and overcome self-limiting beliefs.
- Make sense of emotionally challenging situations.
- Confront their dependence on stimulants.
- Get clarity around their purpose and realize their potential.
- Be higher performers at home and at work.
- Understand and process powerful emotions.
- Address life stage transitions like parenthood or retirement.
Collaborative: We believe that we are all connected and dependent upon each other for our well-being. It’s critical to us that we are creating that connective tissue and helping people evolve, together.
Brilliant: We make seemingly impossible things happen for people. That requires ingenuity, energy, and passion. We believe that amazing things happen when we bring our best selves forward.
Authentic: It takes courage to be who you really are, but we demand it of ourselves and others. We believe that meaningful change is dependent on the ability to firstly be authentic.
Thoughtful: Our work matters because it changes the lives of many people. We believe in applying ourselves thoughtfully to make sure we are contributing fully.